Re: proper way to fix information_schema.key_column_usage view

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "April Lorenzen" <outboundindex(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: proper way to fix information_schema.key_column_usage view
Date: 2007-08-12 15:09:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

April Lorenzen wrote:
> I had to feel my way carrying out this fix, and I don't know if I did
> it right - I only know that it appears I no longer have the error.
> Please confirm whether I was supposed to execute all of
> share/information_schema.sql --- or just the portion that CREATEs or
> REPLACEs key_column_usage view.

If you don't have any dependencies on the information schema (that is,
you have yourself created objects that refer to the information schema,
which should be rare), it is safe to just drop the schema, that is,

DROP SCHEMA information_schema CASCADE;

and reload it

psql -f .../information_schema.sql $PGDATABASE

--
Peter Eisentraut