Re: pgpool2 vs sequoia

From: mljv(at)planwerk6(dot)de
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgpool2 vs sequoia
Date: 2007-08-03 07:25:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2007 22:37 schrieben Sie:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 11:58:40AM +0200, mljv(at)planwerk6(dot)de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i would like to use a statement replication for postgresql
>
> Why?

i have read
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/high-availability.html

i want 4 synchronous databases with load balancing, so my application has high
performance and high availability.

I am using "Data Partitioning" at this time. Each db has the same schema but
different data at the moment. But i am not very happy with it as few tables
must be kept synchronous and i don't have any failover or load balancing.
"statement replication" is my the only way, to have a synchronous replication
with load balancing, isn't it?. At least the one which i understand best.

kind regards,
Janning