Re: postgresql-tcl

From: L Bayuk <lbayuk(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: JL <jlt2425(at)mac(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql-tcl
Date: 2007-08-01 02:03:55
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 07:09:55AM -0700, Brett Schwarz wrote:

> If anyone is interested, there is a pre-compiled Mac OSX pgtcl at the link below.
>
> John,
>
> That's not the pgtcl project that I work on, so I'll let L Bayuk explain further, but it looks like you are including ssl and crypto libs, but perhaps they aren't on the platform or they can't be found. If you don't need those, then you can get rid of the EXTRA_LIBS part (I think). Otherwise, you will need to make sure they are on your platform, and can be found.
>
> BTW, the lib I built, did *not* include these (ssl crypto). I might try to add them though...

Well, if Brett has a Mac OSX library, by all means use it.

As for the problems linking pgtclng, I think EXTRA_LIBS doesn't do anything
any more. The steps in the pgtclng manual for Mac OSX are from a while ago
when somebody sent them to me, but the build process changed when I
upgraded to a newer version of the TEA build system. Yet this is probably
not a Mac OSX-specific problem. I'm thinking that if your libpq was built
with SSL, then you have to include SSL and crypto libraries whenever
linking anything with libpq. So you need a way to add libraries, but
I've never tried it. A quick look makes me think LIBS= (rather than
EXTRA_LIBS=) will work, but this is something I need to look at.