Building CVS problem?

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Building CVS problem?
Date: 2007-07-27 04:45:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

In working on the minor patch to COPY CSV mode tonight, I ran into a
problem with the utf8 conversion build process in CSV and was just
wondering if there's something wacky on my system or if other people
have seen this:

sfrost(at)snowman:.../pgsql.build> ../pgsql/configure
[...]
sfrost(at)snowman:.../pgsql.build> make
[...]
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** utf8_and_euc_jis_2004: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory

I did a 'cvs -z3 up' prior to this, and most things seemed to be
fine... Removing the one above and a couple others recently added
allowed the build to finish (though was rather annoying) and then I
had to hack up the create_conversion.sql to not try to include them,
which also wasn't fun.

I guess I'll see about doing a new full checkout of the tree, but I
wonder if anyone else regularly builds in a directory seperate from
the source tree and if this is perhaps an issue with the
Makefiles/etc.

Thanks,

Stephen