BUG #3482: Postgresql DB does not start when lanuched via .bat

From: "Nathalie Azzola" <nahalie(dot)azzola(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3482: Postgresql DB does not start when lanuched via .bat
Date: 2007-07-24 15:38:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3482
Logged by: Nathalie Azzola
Email address: nahalie(dot)azzola(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4-1
Operating system: Windows XP Pro
Details:

Hi,

Steps:
1 - During the installation, I unchecked the option "Start/Use as Windows
Service".
2 - Finished installation without any warning nor error.
3 - Click on the .bat launcher file.
4 - A command window opens and closes 2 seconds after.
5 - Postgresql has not started.

I have been told by someone that this version of Postgresql can only start
through the Windows service.

Regards,
NA