Looking for PostgreSQL DBA

From: "Gennadiy" <gennadiy(at)xcreek(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Looking for PostgreSQL DBA
Date: 2007-07-17 18:48:26
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello,

My name is Gennadiy and I am a recruiter with Cross Creek Systems.

We are putting together an exciting team with a very good e-commerce
company. They are well funded, but more importantly are generating a lot of
revenue and are going to be profitable by next year. They have been
experiencing 15% growth month to month and are actively expanding.

We are looking for a very good PostgreSQL DBA, and the job requirements are
included below. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, or feel
free to pass this information to anyone who may be interested. Thanks in
advance.

* PostgreSQL or related DB administration experience 5 to 7 years
* Experience tuning linux to get the best performance possible for
PostgreSQL
* Experience with PostgreSQL configuration and performance tuning
* Terabyte-sized OLTP environment experience
* Database layouts on high performance disk subsystems experience
* Experience performing a full restore to a PostgreSQL database using
dumps and transaction logs. Disaster Recovery Experience
* Excellent SQL and PLpgSQL skills
* Understand use of Normalization and Denormalization, benefits of
each
* Networking Experience - TCP/IP Database Connectivity (JDBC, ODBC,
etc.)
* Perl/Python/Shell scripting

Best regards,

Gennadiy Yevdayev