Re: cache problem (v2)

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cache problem (v2)
Date: 2007-07-16 18:48:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 07:47:09PM +0200, De Leeuw Guy wrote:

> > So if I am reading you correctly, IF code IN (1,2) THEN {do
> > something}? What do you do then? I don't get this part.
> >
> I record a row with code = 3 and the value = the sum of each values in
> code 1 & 2

This is also opaque to me now, because that doesn't seem to be what
your example said. Perhaps you should post your function body?

> > I don't see how this is possible either. You just deleted from test;
> > how can you hae anything left in there?
> >
> I skip the delete action when the code is a sum code

Well, that's not what your example said either. You need to show us
actually what you are doing, rather than describing it in terms that
leave out significant parts.

> Yes I test this situation on my trigger.
> I sure about 99% that my problem come from the cache.

There is nothing in the cache that isn't "in the database", as it
were, but there are visibility rules that might be affecting you.

When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do sir?
--attr. John Maynard Keynes