Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy List <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease
Date: 2007-07-13 17:32:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Simon Riggs wrote:
> I got it off your web site this morning and it is still there, on the
> link I gave.
>
> If you sell a closed source product as well, then the word "dedicated"
> cannot apply to you. Even if you claim it does, your stretching of the
> definition of that word would necessarily include EnterpriseDB (and
> others), so the word "only" would then be invalid.
>
> Your logic is erroneous and you are not "the only dedicated PostgreSQL
> support provider" in North America.

I think CMD can claim to be the _largest_ dedicated PostgreSQL _support_
provider in North America.

However, they support CMD closed-source products too, so why is CMD a
dedicated PostgreSQL support company and EDB is not?

I know I posted earlier today that CMD was dedicated to PostgreSQL
support, but now I am not sure how this is any different than how EDB's
PostgreSQL support.

The bottom line is that the CMD tag line is looking more like an "up to"
marketing twist to me the more I think about it. (Not that that is a
bad thing, of course. ;-))