Re: [GENERAL] Unable to get postgres running after long time no vacuum

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Leon Mergen <leon(at)solatis(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to get postgres running after long time no vacuum
Date: 2007-07-09 01:10:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> No, it's orthogonal to whether we want a "quit" command. (My opinion is
> not, because what the heck will we do with it in multiuser mode? And
> there is no good way to shoehorn it into just the single-user mode, it'd
> have to be a grammar entry.)

Hmm, I was thinking that we could just add it in its own grammar, but
then I remembered that the separate grammar is for the bootstrap mode,
not standalone :-( Sorry for the noise.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"Just treat us the way you want to be treated + some extra allowance