Re: Problem with autovacuum and pg_autovacuum

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with autovacuum and pg_autovacuum
Date: 2007-07-08 23:12:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:12:32 +0200 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> > > Huh, try putting -1 in all columns instead. 0 is a nasty value to have
> > > in there. I haven't tested the effects but if freeze_max_age is 0 it
> > > may be doing what Pavan says.
> >
> > Ok, did this. Will take a look, what autovacuum is doing now.
>
> Seems like that was the problem. I changed all '0' to '-1' and VACUUM is
> skipping this tables now.
>

> Thanks for finding this out

Oops :-( We should certainly make an effort to check the validity of
the values in pg_autovacuum, but 0 is a perfectly valid value, so the
check would not help you any in this case :-(

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"Right now the sectors on the hard disk run clockwise, but I heard a rumor that