Re: Why so many out-of-disk-space failures on buildfarm machines?

From: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)dbitech(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why so many out-of-disk-space failures on buildfarm machines?
Date: 2007-07-04 15:32:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 19:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> It seems like we see a remarkable number of occurrences of $subject.
> For instance, right now we have these members failing on various
> branches:
>
> echidna No space left on device
> asp No space left on device
> herring No space left on device (icc seems particularly unable
> to cope with this, or at least I suspect that's the
> reason for some builds failing with that bizarre message)
> kite gcc quoth "Internal compiler error: Segmentation fault"
> wildebeest long-standing configuration error (no Tk installed)
> wombat long-standing configuration error (no Tk installed)
>
> I realize that a lot of these members are running on old underpowered
> machines with not so much disk, but is it possible that the buildfarm
> itself is leaking disk space? Not cleaning up log files for instance?

in the case of echidna and herring, the "out of space" is actually on a
different partition, it occurs on /var (which I admit is undersized since
loosing a disk) from time to time. Some rather major storm activity on
Friday has taken this system off line for a while I hope to have it back in
the loop by the end of the week.