Re: Looking for help regarding getting the latest inserted sequence value.

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Looking for help regarding getting the latest inserted sequence value.
Date: 2007-07-01 10:55:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 11:21:59AM -0700, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> I don't want to derail the thread too much, but would it be nice if the returning could be used in
> a insert sub-query?

Absolutly, however the semantics are not so simple. I remember
something about when to invoke triggers? And what view should they get?
Does the trigger on the outer table get to see the effect of the nested
insert, for example.

I'm sure it will get done eventually, once the details have been sorted
out.

Have a nice day,