Re: Bugtraq: Having Fun With PostgreSQL

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bugtraq: Having Fun With PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-06-25 19:54:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 01:31:52PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Why is that better than the initdb-time option we already have?
> Locking down options earlier rather than later is usually not a win.

Like I said, I don't actually think it _is_ better. But it would
solve the problem that some people think it's a bad thing that you
run superuser-type commands without reading the manual, and then get
a badly-secured system. (The idea here, incidentally, is not to
replace the initdb-time option, but to set the default of the initdb
command.)

When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do sir?
--attr. John Maynard Keynes