Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
Date: 2007-06-20 18:15:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 02:01:34PM -0400, Karl Wright wrote:
> (FWIW, ANALYZE operations are kicked off after every 30,000 inserts,
> updates, or deletes, by the application itself).

I don't think you should do it that way. I suspect that automatic
VACUUM ANALYSE way more often on each table -- like maybe in a loop
-- would be better for your case.

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland