BUG #3390: initdb fails on install

From: "Alvaro" <alvaroag(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3390: initdb fails on install
Date: 2007-06-17 21:45:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3390
Logged by: Alvaro
Email address: alvaroag(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system: Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64
Details:

I'm trying to install postgres using the MSI Installer. Everything goes
normal until it starts to initialize the database(intdb). It shows this
message:

"
Failed to run initdb: 1!
Please see the logfile in 'C:\Program Files
(x86)\PostgreSQL\8.2\tmp\initdb.log'.
Note! You must read/copy this logfile before you click OK, or it will be
automatically removed.
"

And then it rolls back the setup.

When I check the logfile, it says:

"
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory C:/Program Files
(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.2/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... initdb: could not create directory "C:/Program
Files (x86)": File exists
initdb: removing contents of data directory "C:/Program Files
(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.2/data"
"

I can also send the installation log. if someone tells me where to send it.

Thanks,
Alvaro