Re: PQprepare case sensitive?

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PQprepare case sensitive?
Date: 2007-06-08 20:36:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 11:05:28AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, the point is that downcasing and quote-stripping are things that
> happen in the context of parsing names within SQL statements. We don't
> do that for other names that are sent by themselves in the protocol,
> such as user and database names in the startup message. So I would not
> expect it to happen for statement names either.

Valid point. However, I had the statement name in a variable and used it
for prepare and deallocate. It just happened that it had upper case
letters and things didn't work. :-)

Anyway, I fix my code.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org