Re: Java database connectivity postgresql

From: Jörg Heßdörfer <Joerg(dot)Hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Java database connectivity postgresql
Date: 2007-06-08 11:14:04
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,

On Friday 08 June 2007 12:57, shaveta chawla wrote:
> Hello Sir,
>
> I am trying to connect postgresql to java but I am not able .
> Actually problem is that i have confugured the postgresql.conf and
> pg_hba.conf files as per given in the documentation
> I had installed postgresql 8.2 version on Fedora Core 4
> in my pg_hba.conf file my settings are as follows
>
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local all all trust
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host all all ::1/128 trust
>
> and in postgesql.conf file
>
> listen_addresses = '*'
> port = 5432
> max_connections = 100
>
> then i started the server with the following command
> ./postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -i
> server was started but i m not able to telnet
> telnet localhost 5432
>
> in the log files this error is coming
> LOG:invalid length of startup packet

This is to be expected. Connection via telnet to the DB is not supported ;-)
What the LOG entry tells you, though, is that the database is waiting for
network connections, so your setup should be OK.
Please try with psql: 'psql -h localhost -U <your username> template1'
You should either get an errormessage, or a login prompt.

> Plz help me asap. as i urgently need it in my project
>
> Regards
> sss1

Greetings,
Jörg
--
S.E.A. Datentechnik GmbH
Jörg Heßdörfer, Leiter Softwareentwicklung

Informationen nach 37aHGB, 35a GmbH-Gesetz:
S.E.A.
Science & Engineering Applications
Datentechnik GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft Köln
Handelsregister Köln HRB 27016
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Gerd Schmitz, Wolfram Koerver