Re: BUG #3362: xlog corruption just after initdb on irix

From: Herve Boulouis <amon(at)sockar(dot)homeip(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3362: xlog corruption just after initdb on irix
Date: 2007-06-06 21:44:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Le 05/06/2007 12:06, Tom Lane a crit:

> I'm willing to take a look, but first please see if you can eliminate
> the compiler-bug theory. Check to see if there's a newer compiler
> version available; check whether building with CFLAGS=-O0 makes the
> problem go away.

I tried -O0 with same results but I've found something more interesting :

It seems that my compiler version is not 7.4.4m but 7.4.1m, I got lost
in the sgi compiler upgrades. As the folks at nekochan.net provide a binary
package of postgresql for irix that works correctly, I tried compiling
with their build flags but the problem is still there. I asked the
package maintainer which compiler version they use and it's 7.4.4m. So
our problem could very well be a compiler bug.

The mipspro compiler is a proprietary product and I cannot get the
necessary updates so for now I am unable to verify this theory. Anyway,
maybe you should a add a note in the pg irix faq to use the 7.4.4m version
of mipspro when building the sources ?

--
Herve Boulouis