Re: Connection Pool

From: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection Pool
Date: 2007-06-05 15:22:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 16:09:54 Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Raghavendra MB wrote:
> > I am using PostgresSQL 8.2 server. I would like to use JDBC connecton
> > pool: My application is pure core java desktop. Is there any readily
> > available pool for postgres ?
>
> There's plenty of generic implementations. For example, Apache commons
> DBCP: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/

I recommend C3PO, it's much simpler to set up in a standard application:

DataSource pooled = null;
try {
DataSource unpooled =
DataSources.unpooledDataSource("jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/mydb",
"username",
"password");
pooled = DataSources.pooledDataSource( unpooled );
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>
Senior Software Developer / Manager