bug with prepared statements and sql comments in 8.1-408.jdbc3

From: mljv(at)planwerk6(dot)de
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug with prepared statements and sql comments in 8.1-408.jdbc3
Date: 2007-06-05 11:02:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

i am using hibernate3, postgresql 8.1 and pg-jdbc 8.1-408.jdbc3

when is set hibernate.use_sql_comments to true, hibernate sends sql comments
to the postgresql driver to ease debugging.

But the driver does not recognise the comment in respect of parameters:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Für den Parameter 2 wurde kein
Wert angegeben.
["No value for parameter 2 was specified"]

Hibernate send the following string to the driver:

/*
from
customers As cu
where
cu.name = ? */ select
[...]
from
Customer customer0_
where
customer0_.customer0_name=?

the driver doesnt see that the first "?" is inside a comment. That's my guess
from reading a very similar bug report:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-521
this one was tracked down in the oracle driver, so i guess postgresql has got
the same kind of bug.

if i can help to track down this bug, please contact me via PM.

--
kind regards,
janning