Re: what to do when pg_cancel_backend() doesnt work?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: Rhys Stewart <rhys(dot)stewart(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: what to do when pg_cancel_backend() doesnt work?
Date: 2007-06-05 02:36:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Michael Fuhr escribió:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 12:00:10PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Rhys Stewart escribió:
> > > a more readable version
> >
> > What is this buffer() function?
>
> Looks like the PostGIS buffer() function, which calls GEOSBuffer()
> in the GEOS library, which is where the code might be stuck.
>
> http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch06.html#id2527029
> http://geos.refractions.net/

Yeah, that's what Rhys told me by private email. I suggested asking the
PostGIS guys, but if GEOS is intended to be a platform-neutral module, I
guess it's not very likely that they'll be adding a CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS
in the loops there.

(Peeking much further starts to get too time-consuming for me so I left
it at that.)

--
Alvaro Herrera Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"El destino baraja y nosotros jugamos" (A. Schopenhauer)