Make for PgSQL?

From: Vincenzo Romano <vincenzo(dot)romano(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Make for PgSQL?
Date: 2007-05-31 07:01:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all.
As I need to maintain a rather large set of PgSQL scripts, I'd like to
use something like "make" in order to track changes and apply the
"proper" variations to the database.

Scripts have been named so that the lexicographical order of filenames brings
the information about dependencies.

I've been playing with the GNU Make itself but it's quite hard to keep track
of changes and to re-load a single SQL file that changed.

Is there any hint about "best prectices", software tools and the likes?

Many thanks to you all.

--
Vincenzo Romano