Prepare/Declare

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Prepare/Declare
Date: 2007-05-24 19:40:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am I correct to assume that the backend does not implement cursor
declaration from prepared statements? If so, is there a reason for this?

That is something like this:

PREPARE p AS
SELECT * FROM foo;
DECLARE c CURSOR for p;

AFAIRC the standard says this group of statements are perfectly legal and ecpg
accepts it with its old logic. Moving to real prepared statement I don't
like to lose this feature.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org