BUG #3292: decimal number not available in vb 6.0

From: "VPT" <varshathakkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3292: decimal number not available in vb 6.0
Date: 2007-05-19 11:03:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3292
Logged by: VPT
Email address: varshathakkar(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.1
Operating system: windows XP
Details:

Hi,

I have postgres version of 8.2.1 on windows xp os. i am using vb 6.0

I have pgadmin version 1.6.3
while making DSN I have selected the driver postgres unicode.

I face a strange problem: the numeric data with decimals is retrieved as 0
in the recordset in vb.
strangly this does not happen with postgres version 7.1.3 on linux.
not only that with postgres 8.2 the data is available properly in crystal
reports with decimal figures. the problem happens only for vb 6.0

on linux with postgres 7.1.3 while making DSN the driver avialble is
postgres only and not postgres unicode/ansi.

I am not able to get a win32 version for postgres 7.1.3

I am not able to detect if the problem is with postgres version?
I have tried the vb code with sql server and access database and it works
fine, gives proper decimal figures.

Kindly help.

Thanks and best rgds