Re: Manual trigger removal [WAS] Flushing Postgres Function Cache

From: Raf <rafiq(at)joshua(dot)dreamthought(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Manual trigger removal [WAS] Flushing Postgres Function Cache
Date: 2007-05-17 14:29:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Raf <rafiq(at)joshua(dot)dreamthought(dot)com> writes:
>> On Thu, 17 May 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Even though there were 0 rows associated with the table's oid in
>> pg_depend and pg_triggers ?
>
> Oh, OK, you want zero then. I had misread it to indicate that only one
> of four triggers had gone missing.

Well, the counter was set at 4. The triggers were sloni related, and I
think running Sloni removal may have removed the other triggers without
updating the trigger count. Why, I don't know? I was left with the one
dangling trigger, which was manually removed and I then updated the
counter to represent the state of pg_deps and pg_triggers.

Thanks,

Raf