cube operations

From: ABHANG RANE <arane(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cube operations
Date: 2007-05-16 20:05:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a array column which has 12 real values in it. Basically these
values represent co-ordinates in 12 dimensions for a substance. My main
need is to find substances similar to a particular compound. Now I can
do by calculating differences with each array in the whole table. But
the table has millions of rows. So I need some kinda higher dimensional
index. I have read about the cube operation in postgre, can it be
extended to 12 dimensions or something like that.

Thanks
Abhang