Problem with CREATE LANGUAGE in CVS TIP

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with CREATE LANGUAGE in CVS TIP
Date: 2007-05-10 01:06:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

While trying to test the arrays of complex types, I used a
stripped-down configure. Too stripped down, it turns out.

CFLAGS="-O0" ./configure --prefix=/var/lib/pgsql/tip --with-pgport=2225 --enable-cassert --enable-debug --enable-depend --enable-integer-datetimes

I set $PGDATA to my test directory, then did

initdb -D $PGDATA -E utf8
createdb array_test
createlang plperlu array_test

then spent some time trying to figure out why I got the following
error when I tried to create a PL/PerlU function:

psql:schema.sql:4259: ERROR: cache lookup failed for function 1000

It turns out that PL/PerlU wasn't available, even though createlang
had succeeded. I think this is a bug in CREATE LANGUAGE, as CREATE
LANGUAGE should have failed when it found no PL/Perl compiled in.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778 AIM: dfetter666
Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!