Re: HP/Pgsql/DBD::Pg issue

From: "Ed L(dot)" <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HP/Pgsql/DBD::Pg issue
Date: 2007-05-01 18:55:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday 26 April 2007 9:42 am, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Ed L." <pgsql(at)bluepolka(dot)net> writes:
> > After a reboot (and usually after an OS patch) on our HP-UX
> > 11.23 64-bit Itanium DB servers, our libpq/DBD::Pg libraries
> > cease to work. Instead, they give the standard message you
> > get when the DB cluster is not running.
>
> Try ktrace'ing the client to see what it's doing at the
> kernel-call level. (I think HPUX's equivalent is just called
> "trace" btw.)

Attached is a small tar.gz file containing a short perl DBI
connection script that repeatedly demonstrates this problem.
There are also two log files containing tusc output (an HP
syscall trace utility), one for the 32-bit run (which works) and
another for the 64-bit run (which fails). I haven't made much
sense of it yet, so any help deciphering is appreciated.

TIA.

Ed

Attachment Content-Type Size
connfail.tar.gz application/x-tgz 10.0 KB