Re: call stored function from ecpg w/cursor

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Andrew Jarcho <ajarcho(at)nyc(dot)rr(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: call stored function from ecpg w/cursor
Date: 2007-04-30 14:01:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 03:39:27PM -0400, Andrew Jarcho wrote:
> Thank you very much Michael for your reply. I have tried your
> suggestions, but am still having problems. The code still prints 0 as
> its result, and ECPGdebug reports "raising sqlcode -201 in line ##, 'Too
> many arguments in line ##.'". This is the way the code sample looks now.

Could you post a complete test case instead of just excerpts? By
"complete" I mean all SQL and C (ECPG) code that somebody could use
in an attempt to reproduce the problem on their system. When pieces
are missing we have to guess at what those pieces are and then we
can't be certain that we've created the same conditions as on your
system.

What OS and version of PostgreSQL are you using? What compiler?
Did you regenerate the .c file after changing the .pgc file?

> in file floop.pgc:
[...]
> RETURN -1;

This code doesn't even compile on my system because of "RETURN"
instead of "return". Are you sure you're compiling and running the
code you think you are?

--
Michael Fuhr