BUG #3255: Proper escaping missing

From: "Bernd Fuhrmann" <silverbanana(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3255: Proper escaping missing
Date: 2007-04-27 07:43:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3255
Logged by: Bernd Fuhrmann
Email address: silverbanana(at)gmx(dot)de
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system: Windows XP SP2
Details:

I just tried to use pgAdmin to create a database with a stupid name:
test"test
This doesn't work since sends this:
CREATE DATABASE "test"test"
WITH ENCODING='UTF8';

Obivously, if I just enter 'test"test' into the field it rather should have
sent this:

CREATE DATABASE "test""test"
WITH ENCODING='UTF8';

So I guess pg3Admin is missing proper escaping.

Btw. using the name test""test created the database I wanted, but that will
lead to a lot of other troubles when administrating that database with
pgAdmin.