Re: build/install xml2 when configured with libxml

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: build/install xml2 when configured with libxml
Date: 2007-04-14 08:06:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> The attached patch adds a test for libxslt/xslt.h and only builds
> contrib/xml2 if it's found,

But the policy is that the presence of features in the final build
should not depend on the incidental presence of features in the build
environment. Either you select a feature, then it's built, or you
don't, then it's not. So the only options we really have are adding
another switch for libxslt, or including it with libxml. I'm not sure
which is better.

--
Peter Eisentraut