Re: Vista/IPv6

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vista/IPv6
Date: 2007-04-12 07:04:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 12:24:58AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > (FWIW, I had ipv6 on my list of things to make happen, but I didn't
> > realise it would cause this issue on a machine with ipv6 on it, since
> > I don't have one)
>
> The IPv6 support is finely tuned to deal with all kinds of combinations
> of API support, library support, and kernel support, or lack thereof,
> on the build system and on the host system. I suggest that you just
> use the logic that we have or emulate it, respectively. If it doesn't
> work, we will find out soon enough.

The point is still what happens when you distribute a binary built on a
system with ipv6 to a system that doesn't have it.

Anyway. It seems reasonably safe, since I can build with ipv6 on my machine
without the ipv6 driver, and it still works. Dave will have to test if it
actually works on a machine that *has* ipv6 :-)

So. Changes applied.

//Magnus