Re: SCSI vs SATA

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SCSI vs SATA
Date: 2007-04-07 02:35:44
Lists: pgsql-performance

In summary, it seems one of these is true:

1. Drive manufacturers don't design server drives to be more
reliable than consumer drive

2. Drive manufacturers _do_ design server drives to be more
reliable than consumer drive, but the design doesn't yield significantly
better reliability.

3. Server drives are significantly more reliable than consumer
drives.