Re: Wrong increments of Sequence

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wrong increments of Sequence
Date: 2007-04-02 15:10:58
Lists: pgsql-general

RPK <rpk(dot)general(at)gmail(dot)com> schrieb:

> I have created a sequence with minimum value=1 and increment=1. But whenever
> I enter a record in a table and use nextval('seqstudentmaster') to insert
> new studentid, it is incremented by 20. How to set it to increment by 1?

Can you show us an example and the definition for the sequence? It is
possible that there are other connections to this database,
other transactions? You know, a ROLLBACK doesn't rollback the
sequence-increment?

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknow)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°