Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Buildfarm feature request: some way to track/classify failures
Date: 2007-03-20 17:20:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 11:36:09AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> My biggest worry apart from maintenance (which doesn't matter that much
> - if people don't enter the regexes they don't get the tags they want)
> is that the regexes will not be specific enough, and so give false
> positives on the tags. Then if you're looking for things that aren't
> tagged you be even more likely than today to miss the outliers. Lord

I think you could solve that by displaying the text that matched the
regex. If it starts matching odd things it'd be visible.

But I'm just sprouting ideas here, the proof is in the pudding. If the
logs are easily available (or a subset of, say the last month) then
people could play with that and see what happens...

Have a nice day,