New role with password and error message

From: Ralf Bertelsmann <ra(dot)be_berlin(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New role with password and error message
Date: 2007-03-15 19:40:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear developers,

After installing PostgreSQL RDMS I had some dificuly on finding the
information how build the initial user. Afterwards I wanted to enter more
users and were show the below error message.

[goofy(at)entenhausen]$ createuser -S -l -P -e annette
Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
Passwords didn't match.

I got the above error message when I tried for testing reasons to create an
account | role.

The only obvious reason for this error message is that there are test to
verify wheter the new role name and the password are identical which they
where.

Besides the idea of doing such the error message is pointing to another thing
than the real problem came from.

A small fix in the message text would give the better realisation of the
mistake.

Sincerely

Ralf Bertelsmann

--