increasing database connections

From: Shiva Sarna <shivasarna(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: increasing database connections
Date: 2007-03-01 05:18:59
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I am sorry if it is a repeat question but I want to know if database performance will decrease if I increase the max-connections to 2000. At present it is 100.

I have a requirement where the clent want 2000 simultaneous users and the only option we have now is to in crease the database connection but I am unale to find any document which indicates that this is a good or a bad practise.

thanks for your help and time.

regards

shiva