Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB

From: "Steinar H(dot) Gunderson" <sgunderson(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Writting a "search engine" for a pgsql DB
Date: 2007-02-28 11:16:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 01:33:47PM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> When we outgrow PostgreSQL & Tsearch2, then, well, we'll need to stop
> pretending to be Google...

Just for the record: Google has been known to sponsor sites in need with
Google Minis and such earlier -- I don't know what their[1] policy is on the
matter, but if tsearch2 should at some point stop being usable for indexing
postgresql.org, asking them might be worth a shot.

[1] Technically "our", as I start working there in July. I do not speak for
Google, etc., blah blah. :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/