Re: Minor performance improvements

From: Nelson Arape <narape(at)ica(dot)luz(dot)ve>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Minor performance improvements
Date: 2007-02-27 13:42:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Kris

I think that your patch could be better if instead of using the "signed" right
shift operator (>>) followed by a bit mask, use directly the "unsigned" right
shift operator (>>>)

So
((val >> 24) & 0xFF)
would better as
val >>> 24

By the way great work folks

Nelson Arapé
A happy Postgres JDBC user in his first time post to the list

PS: Sorry for my english, not my native language