Re: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)
Date: 2007-02-26 13:39:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:14:07 +0100
Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> You're welcome. There was so much interesting conferences to attend that
> I didn't find the time to actually talk more with you on the booth.

;-)
The whole event was very interesting.

> As I told you yesterday, perhaps next year we can share the same booth ?
> perhaps also with the italian user group ? and/or others ?

This sounds like a really good idea, but then we need a greater booth,
yours only had place for 3 people. We should talk early about this idea
and send a request to the FOSDEM team.

> I also think FOSDEM 2008 can have a PostgreSQL developer room. The
> Debian one was really interesting, with some great technical talks.
> Perhaps we can do the same next year ?

I'm interested, of course. But you need some more people to support the
devroom and the booth. That will be a bit tricky ;-) Oh, and like
Susanne told us: more merchandising material. Around 20 people asked
for the "Slony" toy:

http://ads.wars-nicht.de/pictures/v/events/fosdem_2007/dsc_1589_640x480.jpg.html

Kind regards

--