Re: working with arrays inside a plpgsql function

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: working with arrays inside a plpgsql function
Date: 2007-02-15 16:06:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Luis Silva <lfs12(at)hotmail(dot)com> schrieb:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to use array inside a pl/pgsql function and I'm having some
> problems using the all array at the same time. Let me give you an example:
>
> ident text[];
>
> BEGIN
>
> ident = $1; -- $1 is a array argument from the plpgsql function
> EXECUTE 'SELECT count(identity) FROM public_data WHERE identity IN ||ident
> INTO asds;

At least a missing ' between IN and ||.

> PS - How can I retrieved the size ofthe array? I saw the manual and I
> couldn't find it.

array_dims(), array_lower(), array_upper()
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/functions-array.html

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknow)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°