Re: XML changes broke assert-enabled vcbuild

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: XML changes broke assert-enabled vcbuild
Date: 2007-02-13 16:23:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > From what I can tell, this is because the Assert() puts code (the
> > do {} loop) *before* the declaration of StringInfoData buf, which
> > is not permitted.
>
> This will fail on every ANSI-C compiler, not just vc. Please fix.

We seem to have very poor coverage of such compilers in the build farm,
it seems. Is the vcbuild ready to support a regular build farm run
yet?

It turns out that gcc warns about it anyway. Does anyone have some sort
of clever recipe to catch warnings more easily than by carefully
reading the make output or manually grepping build log files or
something?

--
Peter Eisentraut