Re: COPY FROM query

From: Steve Midgley <public(at)misuse(dot)org>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY FROM query
Date: 2007-02-12 20:24:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

For what it's worth, WindowsXP (at least) seems to currently support
forward slashes at the OS level, so this Postgres behavior isn't as odd
as it might seem. If you enclose your paths with double quote (")
marks, Windows will even accept Unix style paths for some instructions
on the command line:

dir "/temp"

Feeding Windows API calls with forward slashes seems to work with
everything I've tried so far, so using them in Postgres seems perfectly
smart, and reasonable..

Hope that helps,

Steve