DROP DATABASE and prepared xacts

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DROP DATABASE and prepared xacts
Date: 2007-02-12 15:29:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was just testing autovac once more, and happened to Ctrl-C the
regression run in the prepared_xacts test. Upon starting Postmaster
again, I see this:

LOG: recovering prepared transaction 14372
LOG: recovering prepared transaction 14377

Then, I reran "make check", and got

============== dropping database "regression" ==============
ERROR: database "regression" is being accessed by other users
command failed: "/pgsql/install/00head/bin/psql" -X -c "DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS \"regression\"" "postgres"

I think we should set things up so that prepared transactions are
dropped when they concern a database being dropped. Opinions?

Any takers? ;-)

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"La persona que no quería pecar / estaba obligada a sentarse