Re: replication choices

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: replication choices
Date: 2007-02-06 16:28:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 12:17:52PM -0800, Ben wrote:
> familiar with Slony, and from what I understand, using Slony with bad
> networks leads to bad problems. I'm also not sure that Slony supports
> replicating from multiple sources to the same postgres install, even if
> each replication process is writing to a different schema.

Yes, you can have multiple origins into the same database, without a
problem. I'd be worried for sure about the network unreliability,
though. You might, however, be able to do this usefully using the
log shipping features of Slony.

I would _not_ worry about the outbound replication from the centre,
assuming that the changes are infrequent.

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland