Re: pgsql: Fix for plpython functions; return true/false for boolean,

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Guido Goldstein <pgpatches(at)a-nugget(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix for plpython functions; return true/false for boolean,
Date: 2007-01-30 12:39:19
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Guido Goldstein wrote:
> Is it possible to tell me which python versions you want to
> support?

The issue isn't so much which versions we want to support. There is
certainly some flexibility with that. But when a patch breaks the
buildfarm a) unannounced and b) without any apparent feature gain, then
people get annoyed.

That said, we certainly try to support a few more versions of Python
than just the last one, but I'm not sure anyone knows which ones
exactly. As a data point: Quite probably, Python 2.5 does *not* work
with anything <= 8.1, so it would be nice if we could give the Python
2.4 users the option of not having to upgrade to Python 2.5 at the same
time as upgrading to PostgreSQL 8.2. This doesn't really govern your
8.3 patch, however.

--
Peter Eisentraut