Re: Email issues unanswered

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Email issues unanswered
Date: 2007-01-29 22:35:29
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 05:46:34PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > First, I would a fix for the bug that multi-line subjects are truncated
> > to their first line.
>
> Which is correct according to the RFCs

Well, that depends on what you mean by "multi-line". If what you
mean is "has a CRLF embedded in it to begin with", then I think
you're correct, because RFC 2822 section 2.2.3 says

Each header field is logically a single line of characters
comprising the field name, the colon, and the field body.

_But_ if you mean "too long for the standard 78 characters per line",
though, you're mistaken. Please see RFC 2822 section 2.2.3 for more.

Andrew "RFC weenie" Sullivan

Information security isn't a technological problem. It's an economics
problem.
--Bruce Schneier