Re: [HACKERS] Searching some sites explaing about

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Searching some sites explaing about
Date: 2007-01-27 13:32:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 01:41:56PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> IIRC, it was supposed to be added to a postgresql.org server sometime
> almost a year ago.
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-04/msg00077.php

Right. Note that the directory is called "cvshead" but I haven't updated it
ever since, so actually it shows the contents of the files as they have been
at that time.

> Anybody know why that didn't happen? If doable, methinks that'd probably
> be nicer. Could we just copy config/layout over? Joachim, thoughts?

Sure, IIRC you just need a script to generate the files once in a while from
a cvs checkout and everything else is static. There's a search function that
requires php (keywords are in a file), anything else is just static .html.

The generation process however needs quite some time. So maybe you want to
generate it somewhere else and then copy over the generated files.

See here for more details on how much diskspace is required:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-01/msg00513.php

Joachim