Re: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Maarten van der Heijden <maarten(at)vdg-security(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Troubles in Initializing Postgres Database 8.2
Date: 2007-01-25 14:46:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 12:15:59PM +0100, Maarten van der Heijden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still no luck initializing the Database Cluster. I'm wondering which commands/files InitDb uses...it says something is missing, I would like to know what, is there a way or does someone know which programs\commands InitDb uses?

I *think* what is missing is the shared memory. Though I'm not sure. In
this case, initdb calls postgres.exe and that's where the error comes
from, from what I can tell.

(Note that it does *not* say that it's a file that's missing)

Did some googling, and it looks like at least Windows CE does not have
support for the kind of shared memory that we do. Don't know about XP
Embedded.

//Magnus