Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: tsearch in core patch, for inclusion
Date: 2007-01-24 18:15:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> If there aren't objections then we plan commit patch tomorrow or
> after tomorrow.

I still haven't heard any argument for why this would be necessary or
desirable at all, other than that it looks better for marketing
reasons, which I will counter by saying that it looks worse for
marketing reasons because our hailed plugin mechanism is apparently so
poor that it can't support some practical extension module such as
this.

--
Peter Eisentraut